Billy Ledford is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (#7030) specializing in individual, couples and group therapy, and maintains a private practice in Monroe, LA.
He worked just short of ten years at an in-patient alcohol and drug abuse treatment center as a detox counselor, rehab counselor for one of the men's groups, and as clinical supervisor for the counselors and social workers. He currently works during week-days at the Monroe Behavioral Health Clinic where he supervises other counselors and social workers and manages a caseload offering therapy to individuals with chronic mental illness, behavioral problems and/or relational difficulties. He has been in private practice for over eight years.
In addition to his work as a therapist, Billy also presents talks and workshops on such topics as The Work of Byron Katie, Integrative Restoration (iRest) Yoga Nidra, LGBT issues, spiritual growth, forgiveness, healthy communication, and non-defensive / non-violent living.
Billy's primary approach to therapy is called Rapid Resolution Therapy that helps individuals to resolve trauma, panic and anxiety, complicated grief, Mental preoccupations with past and future, and many other issues in one to three sessions. He also uses a version of Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy that draws heavily from his training in Rational Living Therapy, The Work of Byron Katie, and Integrative Restoration. He also has much experience and training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Rapid Reduction Technique (for PTSD), Motivational Enhancement Therapy, the 12-Step recovery model, non-defensive communication styles, mindfulness meditation, spiritual development, and hypnotherapy.
His therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. He integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, he works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Bachelor of Arts in Social Work -- Northeast Louisiana University -- 1999
Master's Degree in Social Work -- Louisiana State University -- 2000
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Board Approved Clinical Supervisor
- Certified Practitioner of Rapid Resolution Therapy (with ongoing advanced training in this approach)
- Graduate of Byron Katie's Nine-day School for The Work (Oct. '06)
- Integrative Restoration (iRest) Yoga Nidra -- Advanced Training with Richard Miller -- Level I and II
- Rational Living Therapy -- under Dr. Aldo Pucci -- Level I and II
- Rational Hypnotherapy -- under Dr. Aldo Pucci
- Rapid Reduction Technique
- Part 1 and 2 Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) training
- Mentorship under a personal teacher of A Course in Miracles (a spiritual path on forgiveness and the expression of love in all relationships) and over 10 years of study.